In The Mixx: DJs Doing Work

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Janelle Monae Addresses Lesbian Rumors (Video)




In The Mixx: DJs Doing Work





Janelle Monae Addresses Lesbian Rumors (Video)



Janelle%20Monaex-inset-community


I never really thought about it, but I guess fans of Janelle Monae have been speculating about her sexuality for years. The quirky singer-songwriter with the androgynous look visited “Sway In the Morning” this week, where she was asked about those pesky lesbian rumors.


“Women are amazing€ and so are guys. There’™s nothing wrong with being bisexual, there’s nothing wrong with being lesbian or gay,” she said. “I am an advocate. I have friends who are in same sex relationships and I feel love has no sexual orientation. Love has no religious belief. Love is the purest and most important thing we can possess for ourselves and for others.”


“€œI keep my personal life very much to myself,” she said. “I want everybody to focus on my music. I also don’t want to let anybody down. I want women to still be attracted to me. Go get my album! I want men to still be attracted to me so I have to be political in this. So I can’€™t really tell yall.”


Watch her speak about it below










No comments:

Post a Comment